F2 – Reception
During their time in Reception, the children will take part in daily Phonics sessions which follow a systematic progression of phonics learning which will cover:
- All the phonemes of English words (Phase 2 and Phase 3 taught in F2)
- Correct pronunciation of the phonemes
- All commonly occurring grapheme-phoneme correspondences (GPCs) (Phase 2 and Phase 3 taught in F2)
- The correct formation of all graphemes
- Blending for reading
- Segmenting for writing
- The sequenced learning of appropriate tricky words (the most common will be taught in F2).
Once the children have learnt all the Phase 2 graphemes, they will be taught how to write capital letters.